Sunday, July 7, 2019

#iScored

The weeks stink, but the weekends are great. Especially when they come early because there's a national holiday. We took an exam and a practical for TherEx, learned about documentation via song parodies, and did some aquatic therapy. A few of us stayed later on Wednesday to try to get some things checked off (to ease our burden later in the semester).

The lake, part 1. 
Then I went camping. And, contrary to popular belief, it was not my first time. People kept telling me I was handling it very well - bringing & setting up my own tent (thanks mom & dad), sleeping bag, and everything else that I needed, peeing in the woods, etc. Turns out somebody had been spreading false rumors about me. I should've just let them be impressed because honestly, by the end of several days, I had absolutely no desire to shower still.

My favorite of all the pics. Look at that. 
The food was delicious. Which was my original motivation for going, so thanks to Becky for the invite. I owe her. I helped make some red/white/blue pancakes with strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream for the 4th. I remembered how to tie a square knot and set up a borrowed hammock, to which I could disappear to read.

I did some hiking, some shooting with a revolver, some unsuccessful fishing, and some knife throwing. (During which we learned that no matter which end I hit you with, it will do some damage). But mostly I just chilled. That's what I needed. Time for both my body and brain to chill. And I was loathe to return.

Proof of me fishing. Hope it holds up in court. 
The final day there, I had a rude awakening from a midmorning nap, thanks to Uncle Jeff. And I actually screamed. Which was rather embarrassing for me. Cleaned up my stuff, played a delightful game of Enemy, and called it good.

This is with the peely top coat on still. Cred to Alyssa for the artwork. 
I returned just in time to facilitate the RS activity of the Bollywood rendition of Pride & Prejudice and some henna tats. Once it oxidizes, it'll be as dark as Aurora. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment