Sunday, August 18, 2019

Get Down, Bottom Dweller

The beginning of the week was a lot of finalizing. I finished my PICO report so I don't have to worry about it this year. I got my Tb gold blood draw (which only took 1 visit and $77 despite my lack of insurance - though I did almost pass out). I volunteered at the food center and I met with my incoming PT buddy - a chick from South Africa. I packed up my stuff and cleaned my room so that everything's ready to move in when I get back. 

"What is resonance?"
"Well, I'm a resonant of MA, so it's where you live"
I headed down to PHX and hung out with my old chum, Shea, at his new clinic. It's good to hang out with a reasonable colleague in a reasonable environment. Always eye-opening in a really good way with him. Then, Cenita and I caught up on the last 18mo via a one-sided powerpoint and face masks. We had a sleepover and homemade caprese sandwiches and templed. Autumn and I caught up on her life over authentic tacos and frozen yogurt. Then I took the worst redeye.

But the G-man picked me straight up from the airport, so life was good. We got back in time for fresh blueberry muffins and scrambled eggs. Then it was time for nap 1.

"You're a leader, not a follower" - Mimi
"That's what I said! He's a sheep!" -Me
"Oh, baaaaa," -Grampy
Then we ran an errand, ate lunch on the patio, ran some more errands, and ate ice cream at Grampy's fave. Then it was time for nap 2.

Then we had a cookout at Aaron's. The Grampster went around telling everyone that if they jumped in, he would. I was the only one that took him up on it, but he was true to his word (to Mimi's chagrin). Then it was time for the long nap of the night.

"I'm such a weiner." -Grampy
Sunday was dry (high) council day and this man walked out halfway through because his toe hurt in his shoe. (The same toe that he injured after he fell asleep standing up in the bathroom.) He walks back in with one shoe off and we found an extra sock and some paper towel in the end of it.

"Can you leave so I can say goodbye to you?"
Xandino, Kevin, and Moriah showed up in time for dinner. Aaron and Anna came in time to eat. We heard repeatedly about how Moriah was the candlestick bowling champion. Also apparently turned around after a gutterball, shrugged, and said, "That's life." Grampy almost let us steal his ice cream which has a 'classic New England flavor'. (That means yucky.) Kev went to CT, we dropped Moriah at Jenny's, and headed to Maine.

"Hey, that's gonna be you." -Mom to me
Life in Maine is good if you're a midget with really good eyesight. The fog is so thick you can almost not see a naked person. And the ceilings are so short that the Chin already has an egg on his head. We played a nuclear war game where Mom kamikaze'd and Isabelle blew up the planet in an attempt to destroy me. Then I Naruto-tackled Lavinia licked her face, so she came at me and licked my toe in retaliation. Not sure if she really feels victorious after that, but to each their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment