Tuesday, August 27, 2019

"Life Is Peaceful Without Naomi"


Sun Day Monday. After eating all of mom’s cereal, we went for a walk on the pier to get swag. (Which seemed a luxury after the pocket pinching days of my youth.) We spotted seven (7) gurgling cods.  

Lemon Nut scoping the gear.
We hit up the beach in the backyard where I taught Scabby how to water koala. We flew kites and played Enemy (and ended as such).

Titbit Nipply if you know what I'm sayin. 

The chins jr. rafted the Kennebec with an old man guide. He did bring some delicious cheese as a snack. Lemon Nut and I were leading. Scabby was holding on. Zubby stayed in the boat. And Kelloggius and the Chin brought up the rear. 

Hardly working. 
After everyone was so sore, I showed them that PTs are not, in fact, massage therapists.

You can't skunk the skunk. Remember that. 
 I codswalloped the fam into taking a couple short hikes in the morning. The girls were not happy until we got there. 

Part 1 was a half mile hike. 
Zubby was also not happy after she learned there was a second hike. But it was Maine and beautiful and buggy.

Looks can be deceiving apparently. 
 The Chin was not happy when he learned how much we were paying to visit the local cryptozoology museum. But the laughs were worth the price. 

Why are we going to this place? We got a whole Bigfoot Museum right here in this car. 
The lobster rolls were not. And the papusas at our El Salvadoreño Restaurante were a steal. Zubby was rolling.

Lookin at you Elder H. 
 We had family time henna, during which the Chin was conveniently absent. Then we played a game where I showed him several candids I had taken of him throughout the week and he tells me what emotions he thinks he was feeling based on his facial expressions.

Ended up looking like a Sharpie. Use the brown stuff. 

Per request, I headed down to MA early for tacos at the Krempy’s. Which were delicious. We had good stories, a private chat, and relished in the fact that my music autoconnects to his car’s Bluetooth. I was picked up in PHX by Cenita and Kaleb, got my car from Autumn and Jesse, and was back in Flag by midnight.


Krempy-style. 
 I spent the whole next day packing my car and helping Roger move in. Then helping Palmer set up chairs for the back to school BBQ in exchange for tacos. Brandi and I rounded off our break with a movie night.

Arthur & her new beef, the Barefoot Boy. 
We spent all of Saturday moving in to our new apartment. Then driving people to the BBQ. Then taking down the chairs. Then unpacking all of our stuff.

Felt right at home. 
It all really started coming together on Sunday when we picked up our new microwave and couch that Greg dropped by long enough to carry up the stairs. Now let me tell you about this couch. I negotiated down to $15 for this thing that’s not super ugly or gross or worn. It’s pretty comfortable. AND it has a pullout queen bed. Which we showed off to all our friends.

Family Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment