Monday, August 12, 2019

"Your standards are too high. A man who doesn't poop in your car? Impossible to find that kind of bowel control nowadays. If you want a man in this era, you gotta potty train him yourself, but you have two jobs and no time for that."

It's nice to be on vacation. I forget what it's like to not be stressed out about one million things. Only like seven. I've even had time to do some recreational writing, which was fun.

Little Brother. 
It was Ming's last few days this week before his year-long exchange in China, so I brought him some coconut bread I was making for Hannah anyways. He is so excited to see his family and be a secret missionary and to get a car when he comes back so he can take more girls on dates. Cutest little brother ever.

Horseshoe Bend, round 2. 
The Page YSA scammed a tour of Waterhole Canyon and Horseshoe Bend (which would normally cost us like $130/person), so I drove up to take advantage of that. It was super cool to walk through the slot canyons and see some good views.

The slots at Waterhole Canyon, where I've been wanting to go for a while.
I met Brandi and her sister at Tuacon for the Little Mermaid. That's another cool venue - surrounded by sheer cliffs of red rock. And the play was pretty good too - everyone was riding around on hoverboards. Best part: "Under the Sea". Best character: the starfish. Hands down.

She's oxidizing. 
It was good to see Brandi again. I like her. We also had a chance to chat about how our roommates backed out last minute and kind of screwed us over and figure out how to fix the issue. Which was comforting. Somewhat. She also kept track of how many smoothies I drank with my breakfast. Nice to have a friend that holds you accountable, you know?

When it's not you who falls down the stairs.
I drove over to Mesquite to drop my car off to get the recalled airbag replaced and have Markies take a look at the A/C. Unfortunately, there was more wrong with it than we originally thought, so he took it overnight and did some work on it. MVP of the week honestly, the man did me a solid.

"Hey crouch down so I don't look like a midget"
Due to the car fiasco, Hannah and I were late getting back to St. George, where we were meeting Brandi's family for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. They are a delightful bunch, even if dad didn't want to sit at the kid table.

Gotta be in-character. 
We met back up for the Sound of Music and got to chat with Grams for a little bit. (Somebody's gotta make sure Brandi gets her vegetables.) We watched a man fall in the fountain and lose his shoe in the waterway, a woman fall on the stairs, and a bat land in a woman's hair. Also some people dressed up as goats, which was ridiculous and hilarious.

Chillin. 
I drove back to Page with working A/C, which was amazing, and got there just in time to help Roger clean his room. I was mainly the entertainment, but I feel like I made a decent contribution. We watched some B99 and taught his whole family to play Totally Insane. They hate it. We also got to skype CT and MA, which is always a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment