Sunday, September 15, 2019

Twofer

The first day I can remember is last Wednesday. It was a sunny day, no different than any other. But it was the day I had to get my flu shot so I could also get a badge to volunteer at the hospital for school. Afterwards, Brandi and I went around to several businesses, fundraising for GoBIG for Parkinson's, the annual race we put on.

Abbie wanted to get rid of some bread,
so we suggested this duck pond in town. 
Skip to Friday, we had a program BBQ (at which I was first in line, and quickly promoted to supervising manager). The food was excellent and I got to meet Lindsey's mom. But she mentioned that the flu shot had kicked her butt for a few days and I noticed my throat was a little scratchy.

Saturday I spent the morning successfully baking bread and making cheese, despite feeling unusually fatigued, with a sore throat. Roger and I enjoyed delicious Caprese sandwiches and then I took a nap.

Sandwiches. Yum. 
Sunday went downhill quickly. I left church after an hour and slept for the next three, waking only because I knew the Tilley's had prepared a delicious meal for us. Which I struggled to swallow because my throat had become like the trash chute from Star Wars. Then we went home and I went to sleep immediately.

Lemon Tea, a Roger special. I didn't hate it - which means a LOT.
Monday I went to class from 8-5, per usual, and hated it (also normal). I told my teachers to expect little to nothing from me. Then I went home and slept. Also had a delightful chat with Lauren Gertrude Bellon, who is single. I did it again Tuesday, but I got Roger to help me out with a blessing.

There she is. Gents??
Wednesday I woke up at 4a.m. and couldn't sleep because it hurt so bad to swallow. So I looked up how much various doctor's visits and meds might cost. In the end, I just had Brandi look in my throat (she's had strep 12+ times) and called a friend to prescribe me some antibiotics, which I had within the hour. Because turns out my flu had turned into strep.

Nice rack. -Grampy
And have since made me feel significantly better. Just in time for Friday Desserteenth. Abby, JR, Ciera, Erin, Lizzy, and Conner all came over and everyone brought a special dessert to share. This might have to be a repeat event.

Saturday, I had my first intro to hunting with Aunt Carol. We were just trying to glass elk from the top of a hill for Ryan. He didn't see a good bull that he liked, but he's got time.

The badlands.
I also watched the Netflix show Tall Girl, which I found highly unrealistic. Nobody makes fun of tall people bc first of all, it's cooler than being short, and second - we would crush them. Also the milk carton thing? I nearly threw a brick at my TV.

Today I gave a talk at church with Dave Brewton. It went well. Jesus lives.

1 comment: