Sunday, October 13, 2019

One Week Til Race Day

School isn't terrible when you don't care. I had a Quizzam this week that went well. Class was cancelled Thursday and Friday morning due to sickness and a conference. And my ortho clinic, which is what I'm actually good at, was awesome. Dr. Fosberg got a good laugh out of me explaining a 'glut release'.

We took sports med team photos this week between clinic and my volleyball games. Where I did not perform well. Which meant my body hurt and I was cranky when we did two hours of fitness testing the following day. Don't worry, I'm in pretty excellent health, relatively speaking. But I was unable to test my lipid levels due to poor circulation.

There we are. These are my coworkers. 
Roger and I watched a deek-recommended WW2 movie that I loved for its humor and the fact that a third of the movie was in French. I also got a free Chick-fil-A sandwich with a coupon he got in the mail. And I learned a new game, Tutti Fruit, which is fairly close to scattegories.

Per request, the activities committee held a karaoke night at the institute. To my chagrin, very few of the people who requested the activity actually showed up. It turned into more of a talent show than anything else, so Brandi and I had to get up there and show them how it's done, with - Billionaire, Just Give Me a Reason, and the first half of the clean version of Jack N the Box.

Saturday, after work, I did nothing. It was glorious. We did make sure our GoBIG banner is secured with 1,000 zip ties. One week til race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment