Sunday, October 6, 2019

Ever heard of it?

I got to play ball a few times this week, though never as much as I want. I also went to both Tuesday night VB as well as our games on Wednesday. I got some freaking nice hits. Killed it. I did have to go buy some new knee pads since my old ones, bought in 2006, had elastic so worn out that they slide off my knees whenever I hit the floor. Which requires a two-day recovery window for my knees.

My first PT ortho patient came in for low back pain on Wednesday and everything went super well. Joey was a very helpful first year and Dr. Fosberg was awesome at letting me run the show, but adding when needed (since she is a spine expert). My patient was also super chill, so I'm excited to work with him.

Pepsi printed out a free banner for GoBIG, courtesy of our NAU club status, and ended up accidentally printing two. Just like I planned. So I'm happy about that. We've got one scheduled to be hung up by the south quad and I'm working on the second one.

Ain't never had a friend like me. -Genie, Aladdin
Roger had a rough day this week where he just kind of had everything blow up on him. So I went over to try to cheer him up and ended up getting my car booted. Which he also felt super bad about. Despite my best efforts to insist on a student discount, I still ended up paying a ridiculous amount to get it removed.

The track team took the weekend off for parent's week, so I went up to Page after work on Friday. I got there just in time for the Spanish version of Coco. And Spanish rice. We prepped some food for conference - while the kids in CT were having Boston Crime donuts and the ones in UT were eating SINammon rolls. Yikes. We ended up with fruit, veggies, cookies, chicken salad sandwiches, chocolate milk, and more.

Conference Speed round: Focus everything on Christ. God isn't known for showering praise on the lukewarm. You can't share the gospel like the flu - there are no spiritual sneezes. Trust in God - you may not feel safe, but you are. You never "get over" the gospel. Know who you are and whose you are. Endowed women have access to priesthood power. Do things intentionally, not necessarily perfectly. Even minor rolls are vital and worth every effort to get those participants/instruments to the concert. It's easier to build a temple than a people ready for it. I'm part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, ever heard of it?

Cooler #3. 
Kevin said he's now going to yeet his belongings off a cliff. And I'm prepping for my vegetable husband. The Sandalls watched Miracle, played Enemy, sliced up some old deer and new elk meat, and ground it all up into burger. Roger and I chatted with the Grampy and met their new pup, Lacy (aka Gracie, per their terrible memories). And my best friend Lauren and I had a chat, already scheming to pull out all stops for the Joseph Smith Extravaganza 2020. Can't wait.

We're psyched and prepping. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment