Sunday, February 16, 2020

CSM Week

I felt better this week. Partially because I got some sunshine over the weekend. Partially because I got to work with Jason in PT. He's got me doing squats and pullups and just taking my concerns seriously. And partially because we had no school after Tuesday for a big PT meeting.

What did I do with all this free time? Homework. Seriously, I needed this to catch up with some things and prepare for next week. Not sure how everyone that attended the conference is faring. I wrote my capstone draft, and prepped/took a quiz, I took an online exam, and another quiz, and did a few assignments. Ridiculous.

I took a stroll at Buffalo Park one day. 
I hung out with Becky and Paislee for an evening to get a break. She had me playing police with her and kept trying to send me to jail with mardi gras beads tied around my hands.

On Friday, I ran down for a quick session at the temple, which was very much appreciated. I ran into a few people I know and then had lunch with Jeff and Brandee. Jeff was mad that I even suggested he'd be into vegetables and ignored my recommendation of further PT for his still-hurting shoulder.

Even though we don't really believe in VDay, Roger got me some Sunny D (as a bad joke). And we went out to Texas Roadhouse with Hannah and Markies and Aurora who came to town for the weekend. We left with 3 baskets worth of rolls and some leftovers.

The reason to go to TX Roadhouse. 
We had an early lunch with Lindsey in the mansion she's taking care of. Roger cooked homemade and well-seasoned deer burgers, which were perfection.

The long-awaited 3v3 tournament was a success - despite several attempts to uproot us by last-minute funerals and baptisms. We had eight teams and some dang good pizza and wings and I wasn't even super stressed out. I did forget to mention to Hannah/Markies that we live at 7,000ft elevation and so they were NOT prepared for that. Which is the reason we're saying they didn't make it to the finals.

After we all showered, we played Hutchins Guess Who and reminisced about Guilt and watched some movie in the background. I played with Aurora because I kind of look like Hannah and I can trick her into playing with me.

They came to church with us in the family ward - where Roger and I also had Marshall, Paislee, and Archer. All the kids were scared, but enthralled by each other. The NV Crew departed post-sacrament and the rest headed over to Carol's for another BBQ for Marshall's first birthday. And then I napped.

No comments:

Post a Comment