Sunday, February 2, 2020

I Can Walk

After a busy weekend of classes, we started off the week with another 8 hour day, including a practical exam. This one was in front of our whole lab and took volunteers who wanted to go next. However, every time I kept trying to get up, someone would race to the front of the room. So I consigned myself to go during part 2 on Thursday. And I crushed it.

Neuro clinic is set up a little differently this semester, since I was assigned to work together with Speech/Language students. We have 10 weeks (instead of 6) and 3 PTs + an instructor and 2 SLPs + an instructor for our one patient. Versus last semester, when it was just me and RB. It just seems like a lot more work to have so many people involved.

For one of my clinical rotations, I'm working at a VA hospital, which requires enormous amounts of paperwork, including getting fingerprinted at the nearest VA. Unfortunately, my nearest VA doesn't actually do fingerprinting, so I had to drive 1h45 to the boonies of Prescott to get it done after my patient. Because they're only open M-Th until 4pm.

I promise they actually like me. 
I wasn't totally upset about the drive though, because I got to hang out with Becky and Paislee. I like them. 

Friday, we didn't have much class, so I spent the morning learning statistics and programming for my research. Because I was tired of watching useless internet tutorials. And then I worked part of the track meet - where we did surprisingly well. I worked again on Saturday and got free lunch, to see some records broken, and to actually do some AT stuff.

I got off in time to go to the free movie on campus, Maleficent 2. Roger argued that it wasn't as good as the first one, but I appreciated some of the jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment