Sunday, February 23, 2020

Hashtag Winning

The PT continues this week with a lot of hip stuff in addition to the pull-ups, squats, and lunges I've included in my home exercise program. I can still walk, but not much more. I figured out that part of my woes are due to a Vitamin D deficiency, so I started taking that, along with my regular iron and glucosamine, and added a multivitamin so I can make Mimi proud.

Looking like Grampy over here. 
Since my second clinical site cancelled on me, I had to find another. Which was actually somewhat convenient as Becky offered to let me live with her at that exact time, since her house will be finished. So I had a pseudo-interview with a clinic down there to work out some details and hopefully that will all be finalized in the next week.

My insurance only covers dental emergencies and not routine cleaning, so I took advantage of the school's cheap dentistry via its students. Which was a mistake. If you hate the dentist, never do this. It is one thousand times worse and I normally like the dentist. But my teeth are cleaned and I saved $400 in doing it.

 I won another pair of AirPods via a mail scratch off.
Roger and I went out for ice cream and a stroll through Barnes and Noble. Which is arguably more dangerous than a sporting good store. And I inevitably left, book in hand, $15 poorer. I did manage to draw it out so I didn't finished until Saturday. And now I just want the sequel. Which is 5 minutes and so many dollars away. Curse that boy.

I woke up early Friday to get in my P90X yoga pre-class. I took 2 tests and a quiz and did a few assignments and covered a swim practice with David, the AT student. I also covered a LAX game for NAU on Saturday and another swim practice. It was frigid, and we crushed Fort Lewis, but good money.



We had the annual Ladies Night event, Knights for our Ladies, and it was a roaring success (despite all worries to the contrary). We had the PT school crew ready to go, taking down all the extra chicken-fried steak. The entertainment was also singular - a nice love duet by two men, a boy band rendition that went a little wild, and a cooking on a budge PB&J guide.

Take Two. 
I spent the rest of the weekend cleaning the stove and the rest of the house in general - getting it ready for a special event next weekend, collecting items for CT, and another box for Goodwill. Only problem is that I seem to keep collecting books somehow. Odd.

And I made bread again. It's yummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment