Monday, January 27, 2020

A Long Week

This week began with MLK day and I'm running out of obscure MLK quotes for an annual game. I was glad for the day off, but somehow this week still felt long.

My PA was salty with me about a lot of things that I think I'm doing relatively well at - extension, not using crutches, and avoiding slipping on the ice. I submitted my documents to start official rehab - but I was able to bike and do SL RDLs this week, which I'm counting as a win.

Did I mention it was my best friend's birthday?
Log onto FB to see some terrible pictures, hear some terrible singing, and read a wonderful poem. 
Lindsey and I had a much-needed catch-up chat with french toast and fruit. Roger and TJ were both furious to be uninvited. I watched Abbie practice her PICO (which she crushed). And I met with Meghan to discuss some stats and troubleshoot SAS.

Friday was the much anticipated Winter Formal, which had 50 couples (10 more than last year with half the effort - including 4 couples from the track team we work with and 1 from the PT program). It was fun, but I wished I could really dance.

Sad we're missing Rahz, Kay, and Val. 
I drove down to Phoenix late Friday and ended up chatting with Maddy until about 2. Leaving us 4 hours until we needed to get up and head to the first day of our pelvic floor class. There was only 13 students and lots of lab time and it was the most engaged I've been in school for a long time. I learned so much and touched all the pelvic floors (externally only). Lauren, Maddy, and I had a Jamaica reunion at Shake Shack, and (despite other plans), we crashed at 7pm for the night.

Sunday, we did it all again. But this time with more lab. It was well worth the time and I wish Sarah would come to Flag to teach us this stuff. She is awesome. And even let us out a little early for our drive back home - where I ate spaghetti and studied some more. C'est la vie.

Awkward prom pics in the pelvic floor lab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment