Monday, January 20, 2020

Last First Day of School EVER.

Back to school this week and I hate it. Not the school part, or the stuff we're learning - I actually enjoy that. But I hate sitting in class for eight hours a day and studying. Luckily, we only had 2 quizzes and 2.5 days of school this week. But I still had to sit there and slowly let my foot fill up with edema.

Another bright point of the week was free lunches from the Institute for 3 days and free breakfast from my apartment complex on Monday. AND that I went to the gym 4 days - doing all upper body stuff, but I could move around well enough to do it.

Kill me. 
Wednesday, we went out for lunch with Ciera & Erin (who's leaving for navy training in RI). About ten of us hit up an Indian buffet, which was delicious, but I usually like to eat as much as I can from these things and I currently cannot. I can't eat a lot bc I don't work out, so it makes me sick. Sugar and dairy also make me sick post-Jamaica, so I'm trying to redefine my relationship with food currently.
John ran a vestibular lab, where we learned some new testing. He demonstrated a test for an optic nerve palsy, where if your eye moves, it's considered positive. I couldn't see his eyes, so I asked "Hey did your eye move?" To which he replied, "No, if they did, I would be really worried." Well guess who found out they have an optic nerve palsy.

The Prochnow was showing Knives Out - for free, with free popcorn & drinks - so Roger and I went. It was good, funny, if somewhat predictable. Worth the watch.

This is me cleaning off the blood 1 week post. 
I started working again this week! Jamie said I looked like I got into a real good fight - with all my bruises and my pimp limp. I've got several on my arm from the IV and several on my leg from the surgery. But it was fun to get back to ATing and we even had a track meet this week, which was fun.

Roger did a game night and dinner (pizza, steaks, chips, cookies) with some of our friends, including Brandi and a kid she met on mutual who's visiting for the weekend, Phillip my cup. I temporarily broke the TV when I was trying to put Toy Story on in the background. My bad.

Unless he got buns, hun. 
I spent the week asking Roger to a dance this weekend with a series of bum poems, roses, and miscellaneous trinkets. He loved it. We fed the missionaries with Abbie & JR - King casserole, which was a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment