Sunday, January 5, 2020

This Week

I'm finally caught up on things - and just in time. Because after surgery on Wednesday, I will be a straight mess.

After watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail (while making guac with unripened avocados), Roger and I spent NY Eve with his BFF Colin, wife Tiana, and baby Archer. We played New Phone, Who Dis? and Colin ended up winning (barely). We watched The Proposal and ate tons of homemade wings (which were delicious). Also polished off several bottles of the Martinelli's we stole from the wedding last week.

I made chocolate PB balls and a pot roast. I read so many books. And I worked out every day - which made me feel really good, sore, and also sad that I'm going to be severely limited in the near future.

Exercise is my outlet. 
I slept in every day and slowly accomplished tasks on my to-do list. Including writing a report to ABOR about the misuse of our program fees. Coincidentally, a report was listed a few days later about the President of NAU misspending funds.

We went to Carol's house for Roger's cousin's birthday party. But mainly to see his cousin's kid, Paislee. They have the cutest relationship, but he hates all other children and didn't feel like he could really play because ALL the kid wanted in. So he was out.

Going into the new year with a bang. 
My good friends Becca & Keaton tied the knot this week, so Roger and I made it to the sealing and luncheon before zooping back up so he could go to work. We ran into Sam Mackey, recent RM who is just as funny as ever, and my friends Courtney and Sage. Also my old bishop & his wife, who are wonderful people.


Roger asked for some nice pictures of us together since his Android photos are always blurry (go figure...). Conveniently, a friend of ours volunteered a free photography session so he can practice and add to his portfolio. VoilĂ , a preview of our free shoot this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment