Sunday, October 4, 2020

New Week, New Me

My rotation at the Prescott VA began this week. I spent the majority of day one doing onboarding stuff with various members of staff and eventually found my CI, Amanda. Day two, we had a full day training (with snacks) on the body weight support system known as a Bioness Vector. It's pretty cool. Day three was spent in the prosthetics lab with a doctor - helping adjust and make recommendations for amputees and their devices. Also cool. 

My new plant I "adopted" from the VA greenhouse. 

I eventually found out where a small basketball court is AND I tested negative for covid-19. Thursday we had a normal (ish) day of patients and Friday the power was out for 90% of the day (planned). So it was a weird week, but super chill so far which is kind of what I needed. 

We got our pics back from Cole Clark. 

After work Friday, I drove up to Flag to pick Roger up. And then drove him back to Prescott. He was sad he couldn't go hunting. But he did get a new suit that he "fell in love with as soon as he put it on" and it was on sale for $100. You're welcome, sir. 

He hates his hair in this picture. Don't look at it. 

And we watched so much conference. I love conference. It was kind of a weird one this time, just because we're kind of at the mercy of the family I'm living with. So it wasn't as focused as I would have like it. But Marshall definitely knows how to say Roger's name now, so that's a plus. 

He also hated doing this picture, so 10/10 all around.

We got Roger stocked up on frozen foods again (so he won't have to eat out so much). And chased the children. And we painted. Here's mine:

Water color without gesso. 

No comments:

Post a Comment