Sunday, October 25, 2020

Roger Turns 25

We kicked it up a notch at the VA this week and I did approximately 1 million evals, but I felt good about them this round. The thing I love about this profession is that I will always get to keep learning and find new mysteries to help people solve. The thing I love about my internship at the VA is that I actually get paid. Not much, but more than $0, which is nice for all the free labor I provide. 

Other news of the week: I bought a car. It's a 2011 Prius. And it's a hatchback, which is what I was looking for a little more. Here's hoping it's a durable ride. The guys I bought from were super cool, nice people and even offered to pay for the dealership to do a pre-purchase check on it, which turned out really good. Pictures to come. 

Just a funny meme. 

Also of note, we found (and tested) 2 new taco joints in the process of picking up this car that were fire. And even tried cow tongue tacos, which were delicious, but probably not a repeat. 

Roger turned 25 this week and he wanted to celebrate via a weekend hunting trip with the boys. But he did come visit me on his way down, so that was nice. We played with the kids and Becky used every dish in the house to make 4-6 meals for dinner. And all of them were amazing. 

This was my first chill weekend. I got some stuff done for my own life AND helped do some landscaping around the house. I was grateful for the borrowed tractor as we moved 10 tons of sand and at least that much rock around the outside of the house. And I showered. You're welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment