Sunday, February 21, 2021

I Didn't Go Through A Portal (thanks and you're welcome)

 One week left and my tests are (hopefully) all done forever. The good news is that this upcoming exam is just a law exam comprising 50 pages TOTAL (as opposed to a very basic 1000 page SUMMARY) and I've summarized everything in 5 typed pages - which is very doable. So here's hoping that goes fine. Anyone that wants to hire me is welcome to contact me at any time.

The halfway point. 

I had a great week of increasing exercise implementation. I've started easing back into jump roping, which is always a hard thing for me, and running - 3mi on T/Th and 6mi on Saturdays when possible. This week I ran from the house to Glen Canyon Dam and back - which includes an 827ft elevation change each way. It's almost as good as the 3000ft elevation change I'll be tackling in the same distance in August. 

We unloaded some wood and I got to spend some time watching Grandma. Which is funny because I've been planning to make her do a series of Tiktok dances with me (which we did) and I had a dream that she died mid-dance (which she did not). Although she did tell me she felt close to it. So there's some progress - and call me a prophet (almost). 

The biggest pants. 

The other interesting news of the week is my new media interest - Missing 411. Basically there's a detective that's been looking into strange disappearances at national/state parks and forests that include about 3% of all disappearances there. The trends are that the victims are wearing bright clothing, at the back/front of a group in a populated area, go out of view for a few seconds, and are gone. Once the others reach them, they can see for miles and there's nowhere these people could sprint to without being seen, but they're gone. It happens closer to granite pits and large bodies of water, the people are usually found ridiculous distances/heights away from where they were lost, the dogs lose their scent at the place of disappearance, and if they're found they either have no memory of what happened or they're dead in a place that's been searched often. There's 8 books and a couple documentaries (which don't do it credit). 

No comments:

Post a Comment