Tuesday, March 30, 2021

A break. (with limited pictures or forewarning)

 I delayed my spring break one week so I could head up north and visit some family and friends. I met up with Lauren, my best friend, on Sunday night. We visited her grandparents, ate Cafe Rio, and were spoiled with ice cream the size of our heads (literally). 

Sorry you can't see Lauren in this picture
(she's behind the ice cream). 

We had a Provo chins reunion with my friends Maddy and Lauren (the BFF, specified) and the Deek Chins, the Gryg Chins (minus Mac because she had school), and the scrub chins (Jimmy and the Bone Daddy). We chatted and ate some grub and explored the Provo House. Derek even introduced us to his new convo starter (What are your thoughts on beastiality?) and Trevor kissed all of our heads. 

Wednesday I was introduced to the world of Crossfit and I didn't hate it. I also did pretty well in the workout because the competition piece at the end was cardio and deadlifts - which are things I can do pretty easily. I attended 3 sessions including a mock open, learned to snatch, and watched Maddy crush the open 21.3/21.4 - she is a beast. 

Matched her PR after a ridiculous workout. 

I ate breakfast with Roger's sisters in Provo - unlimited French toast at Kneaders (and I think I got my money's worth). I helped Maddy study a bit and picked up my 3 pairs of (free) socks at the mall and hung out with Carolyn in the cutest house ever. She taught me about photography and business and we made experimental cookies and reminisced. 

Lauren and I played so many games (which explains why she fits in with the Hutchins so well). And I had 3 different people (not including Lauren) who commented about how she was basically in our family. Trevor even asked where she was when I initially showed up without her. Honorary Hutchins - I can think of nobody better for the title. She is funny and has killer dance moves and isn't settling for a mediocre back massager, which is my favorite thing about her. 

Good people. 

Mallory and I convinced the Roneys to hang out with us for a bit to gossip about all of our mission friends and catch up on my marriage and Mallory's "marriage". (He's in prison, so is he real?) And then we met up with Lauren again for a chins movie night and pizza with Trevor's secret and now official GF, Amy/Jamie. 

Lauren and I watched the Lamb of God in theaters, which was different than I expected, but still good. (That oboer thooooo). And we got the weirdest nothing dessert at Vampire Penguin. We made Hunter bring his GF to us (since he stood me up earlier) and we (again) played so many games. There were so many things we didn't have time for (photoshoots, dance choreo, etc), but it was fun to relax and spend some time with some good people. And make sure Lauren and I got to see each other once this year. (I sure hope we're still friends after this...)

Coolest bday ever. 

After a late start, I drove all the way to Mesquite, NV so I could play in this sweet ball pit Markies built. And eat his ribs. And pick Hannah's brain on artsy stuff. And, apparently, experience allergies for the first time in my life. The good news is that Aurora kind of remembers me and was really excited to show me her room and eat her baby powder. She's a good kid, if, a little dramatic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment