Monday, April 5, 2021

Week One (as a hobo)

 I realized that I've never applied to real jobs before - they've either been recommendations that worked well or I got immediately hired after a simple application to the first option. So here's what I've learned: it stinks. It takes a lot of thought and effort and so I've now applied to 4 places. (SO to my teacher who is pushing me to try). 

In the meantime, I've been trying to get some stuff done. Like a tire rotation, setting up a new YouTube channel, finishing Grampy's book / CD, a special family design project, etc. And I've been working PRN for Carter Rehab, which took up two full days last week. I wouldn't mind working there, but they can't afford to hire me on a regular basis unfortunately. 

I have a regular volleyball group now and Roger has a regular basketball group, so we're both happy. And I have been researching gyms in the area so I can lift heavier weights and I think I found one I like. I ran almost seven (excruciating) miles on Saturday between sessions of conference and hiked almost 5 miles on Sunday with a small child after 20 new temples were announced. Hallelujah - now go get vaccinated so I can GO. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment