Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Curry

 This was the last week of another 6 week weightlifting program and my body is excited for another rest week (meaning I only workout 1x per day and most of it ISN'T weightlifting). But I hit some PRs and I'm feeling good. 

The theme of the week is CURRY. I read that turmeric decreases risks of Alzheimer's so I'm force feeding Roger the stuff by the gallon. He actually really likes it, so he's not mad. I made a triple batch and adjusted the recipe somewhat based on a previous trial and that was our dinner for the week. (With fresh rice made daily). 

Thug Roger in the sparkly scarf.

Work is going. Still no end in sight for my Cottonwood trips. Rog says he's sad I never want to explore Cottonwood on the weekends with him anymore. I'm sure I'll be into it once I don't go there all the time. 

Stu went through the temple and it was nice to be inside again. I was channeling definite Grampy vibes. My favorite times were post-mission, in the Boston temple together, dancing and scuttling through those sacred halls. Good times. 

Vibes.

Trev and Jamie showed up Saturday night in time for volleyball. Many thanks to our 2nd cuz (once removed), Evan Weinzinger who not only OPENED the building, but PLAYED with us. I can't wait to see his band play, featuring him on the tuba. What a guy.





No comments:

Post a Comment