Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Good things are coming.

Monday we encountered a problem (again). We had no one to open the church for our volleyball group. After being assured on Saturday that we would have someone, we came up empty. Obviously I was upset (along with the 12+ people who hoped to play that night) and I also knew this would mess up our attendance for the next couple weeks. So what did I do? I called every member of the SPy for BOTH Flag stakes. 

And now I have a key. Bless. 

Opening day this Saturday. Who's excited...

I took a "kickboxing" class, which is really a boxing class where you don't get punched in the face. Which has been one of my goals to get into. I have gloves, I have sparring gloves, and I have a mean right cross. I love the gym I attend. I did a lot of research prior to make sure, but it has everything I want. Boxing, Oly, and heavy things I can drop. 

I was able to attend the monthly Oly class this week (as our WWR trip was cancelled again). It makes me feel good and strong and successful. My form is not great due to some joints that could use WD40 and others that need some duct tape. But I can lift heavy things many times. 

Roger is drooling over these guys I keep seeing. 

I also started playing basketball with a group of women on Fridays. And I use the term "playing" veryyyy loosely. They're pretty competitive, and one day I'll be able to play a little more help defense to shut them down. And maybe drive and shoot a bit more. I did have some nice baskets from post moves. But I am being very careful. 

Saturday, Rog and I got to make a joint bank account, chat about some things, and babysit Becky's kids until they fell asleep. Later, I took Marshall to our ward pig roast - where he tried riding a horse (cried), ziplining (cried), and feeding the goats (loved it). In addition to playing spikeball and volleyball and trampolining with kids thrice his size. And in return, I had to talk to fewer adults. 

Flowers. You should check out the desert post-monsoons. 

I'm an advisor in the YW now, and the Chief Head of YW in the ward said she created a job just for me that nobody has had before ever in the history of the ward - I'm in charge of activities. Well, in charge of overseeing that the YW do the activities. But I've got some ideas up my sleeve and a LITTLE experience in the arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment