Sunday, October 10, 2021

smungry

We sadly decided that we will be pausing pickup vball because Gaye wants to start a team in the Monday night league. We haven't been getting tons lately anyways since city league is starting up, and I didn't want to have to commit to anything, so I told them that I would be on their reserves list.  

LANCES are not LIGHTSABERS. 
(But if they were, I would still win)

The other problem is that my volleyball league is Wednesdays, which is when most of the YW can do activities. We did our practice jousting this week, thanks to Tim and his horses. We worked out some kinks, got the girls on a horse for the first time and had some fun. 

Flagstaff, present day.

I found out that I'm no longer traveling down to Cottonwood (at least for the next 12 weeks or so.) The news came just a day too early, as I was planning on an early drive through Sedona to check out the fall colors and to drop off the rest of my paperwork. Alas.

Me and my favorite adventure buddy.

Instead, I spent Friday evening relaxing with my new pumpkin apple candle, nature sounds, and working on my new Etsy project - a quick reference PT book that I will unfortunately have to print/ship. But they're pretty popular in other realms, so hopefully this works out. 

The Fall Color*

Rog and I had a pizza, wings, ice cream, and Black Widow night since it's on Disney + now. It was okay. The fighting gets a little over the top at points, but loved seeing Rachel Weisz in something different. 

I'm thinking about starting a finsta called BogerMandall
with all the model shots I take of him. Thoughts?

I went for a run on Saturday and decided that before I do a half marathon, I should be running a little more. Not that I have any concrete or immediate goals to do so, but in the next 2 years maybe. It was a 5.5 miler and I am sore, so that's embarrassing. 

Getting excited. 

Then Rog and I went on a 4-mile hike in the aspens to collect his cameras and check out the trees. They are pretty, but they are no New England. Goals to get back there in the fall with a nice camera and editing software to really do it justice. Oh and we heard a coyote and almost shot it. 

Then we had milenesa again with ice cream and a move - this time Robin Hood (2018) with Jamie Fox. If you want a medieval ages film with Avengers-style fighting, bad acting, and serious potential with a flat script - this is the film for you. It could have been so much better. 

Picnic. 

After church today, we went on a drive for a picnic in the wilderness (where the bees ALMOST got me). I practiced shooting for my upcoming hunt. All around, I've got a decent pattern, even at over 200 yards. BUT I have a deadeye shot if I am thinking about killing something instead of just hitting the target. Still, I hope I can get closer than 100 yards (just in case). 

No comments:

Post a Comment