Sunday, November 21, 2021

Drag me to the Temple

There is a new level to my Moochdum. I wanted to attend Roger's first round of tournament play for his intramural 3v3 games, but I no longer have a valid student ID - which they thoroughly examine. The alternative is to pay $10 for a day pass to get into the gyms. After approximately two minutes of explanations on why I shouldn't have to pay the fee, the front desk man let me in for free. 

Our volleyball team had a rough start on Wednesday, when our other middle hitter was out. Which made a huge difference when the other team's middles were both taller than me. We're still doing much better than we have in the past and I know we've beat that team before. We won game two no problemo. 

The pics don't do it justice. 

Sunday, the YW discussed different activities we could do that would be awesome and that we could invite friends to - ice skating, rock climbing, boxing, jousting, etc. Then I asked the girl in charge to pick one and she voted to redecorate our ward bulletin board. So that's what we did and that is now OFF the list for at least a year. 

There were only two of us in my boxing class this week, so we had a fun tailored workout. Too much abs for my taste (especially when I had done a similar workout that morning), but boxing is always fun. 

The visitor's center got a revamp too. 
Our favorite? The coloring wall. 

I convinced Rog's cousin Karen to accompany me to a Drag Show. It's basically a cross-dressing lip sync routine with mediocre dance moves and an overarching theme of positivity. It had a great vibe and I had fun scheming how I would've done it better. 

After lots of work and a change in shoes, I have improved ankle mobility. That means that my lifting class went a lot better. I felt good, I lifted heavier, and my form is getting there. I still hit myself in the collarbone with every clean, so I leave with nice bruises. 

One of my patients has been begging for weeks for Rog to come help paint a stripe around the top of her 13' ceilings so she can put pictures back up. We finally did it and I'm glad that we could check that off.

Love these kids. 10/10. 

Then Rog and I met my friends, Abbie and John Robert at the Mesa Temple for the open house. It was awesome to see them and to be in a temple. I kept telling them the celestial room was my favorite. Then we got to the baptistry and I changed my mind. That thing is immaculate and intricate and beautiful. It's even cooler to get to see the older temples with a lot more detail, character, and color. I know that temples are true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment