Sunday, November 7, 2021

The Glow

The rate things are going, I'm not sure we're ever going to do our jousting tournament. At this point, Tim has cancelled on me 4x last minute. I'm debating about getting him a planned as a joke for Christmas, but I know he won't use it. BUT we will have rock climbing this weekend in Sedona and Bishop's in charge so it should actually happen. 

Roger's early morning view hunting
(and missing) ducks on Lake Powell. 

At city league this week, we had 3 of us show up on time and were only down by 6 by the time our teammates arrived and down by 9 by the time they hopped on the court. We came back for a swift victory. It makes a difference to have enough people to cover the court. And we won both our games. Although the second set was a narrow win. 

Boxing class is great. I really enjoy it. I hit things hard and get to practice the wallop and spinning backhand in addition to some other fun moves. It's a good time. 

My fave balloon with ducks and fishies. 
Forgot my good camera. Désolé.

I went to basketball this week with the old ladies. It's fun because they know what they're doing, but really aren't competitive and also I can be a force without putting in too much effort. Which is good, because even at 60% effort, my knee still swells up for the next 3-4 weeks. I'm ready for that to stop. 

Work is going. I head out to Williams twice a week and spend the other 3 days in Flag. My gas costs are down by 1/3 at least. One fun part of my job is just educating people on their conditions. It astounds me how little the doctors tell people - one lady complained about her hip hurting and I was like, well you broke it, so that makes sense. She had NO idea. 

The creepiest little girl balloon. 

We drove up to Page late Friday night. Eve and I watched the Balloon Regatta setup - they had some cool and some creepy looking balloons. And I didn't know about it early enough to get into a basket, but now I know for next year and I'll plan ahead. 

The reason we were in Page was to help clean out all the antlers in Stu's old room and move them to the shed until Rog sells them. They have quite the collection. Then we cleaned out the rest of Stu's room - leaving 7 generous totes and 5 very full trash bags. It looks livable now and is a much more feasible cleaning project. 

This one's for MGH.

At night, we headed to the Glow. Which is where all the balloons line the street and light up. And there's food vendors and a live band and a cool atmosphere. We got some really good raspberry cream soda and rootbeer. And I bought a new dagger for a pretty decent price. 

We drove back that night because I've got 20 tickets to the Mesa Temple Open House burning a hole in my pocket and I have some people that I wanted to invite. The family I was searching out was MIA, but I did meet another delightful couple with 2 recently baptized kids who said they were very interested and so we exchanged numbers to figure it out. 



Grandma Sandall planned an elaborate feast for us to repay us for the Cafe Rio we bought her last week. We were pleasantly surprised to hang out with Becky's family and Carol too. Roger got his kid fix for the week and we got leftovers for at least a day. So we're happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment