Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Dune & Goons

After a long time still (slowly) recovering from the flu shot, it was time for my every 6 weeks rest period. Meaning I only work out 1x a day and none of them are weight lifting. My body always feels really great and misses the gym by the end of the week. I also celebrated Day Lights Savings by working out at night so I could sleep in. AZ doesn't actually celebrate it, so I will be back on the grind and one hour closer. 

For Veteran's Day, my work had a chili cookoff. We actually managed to get a lot of people to come out. Actually, I'm pretty sure MOST of them were hospice workers from the office upstairs. But the chili was great. I contributed corn bread, which tied for first so I won some gift cards. And we had a sweet raffle, where I was allowed to put in as many tickets as I wanted, so obviously I won the free massage. There were other things too, but I was less interested.  

Two Goons. 

We had a combined youth activity on Saturday which involved rock climbing. Real rocks. Which was a good idea until we realized the rope we were standing near was NOT ours and bishop had accidentally chosen a MUCH harder spot. Still fun and nobody died. 

Rog came home early from his duck hunt to go on a date with me - a Chinese buffet (with the best rangoons in town) and watching Dune on HBOmax since it's free (thanks, Kel). The goons were delicious. The move - very overhyped and disappointing frankly. 

Uncle Rog. 

We had Karen & Josh over for duck dinner on Sunday. It was fun, Ellie's doing well, and Rog even asked to hold her! He stood up once with her and was scared stiff. He got his baby fix for the week and is one step closer to appreciating the young ones. Good for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment