Friday, March 11, 2022

Day 28

75 hard still going. I go on lots of runs and do yoga sometimes. Almost halfway there. Honestly though it’s not taking up too much of my brain power so that’s nice. I played volleyball with the old lady’s team again and we crushed. It is nice to be on the same team as Logan too because we can actually get some stuff done.

Boxing class is always good and we are having more people show up again which is nice. And no push-ups. I don’t mind them except that it hurts really bad after you’ve wrapped your wrists up so they won’t bend. And I’ve never been able to do them on my fists. The lesson here is that if you complain enough, people will cater to you. #gremlin

We had BYC after church last Sunday and I was hesitant to commit to the youth activity on Saturday because I was all peopled out after last weeks dance and shopping trips and work. BUT I went to the temple with Roger and the youth. I forget that it cancels out people time so the day trip doesn’t seem as long. But I was also grateful that we didn’t have to stay for the trampoline park. We drove home early, missing the blizzard, and took a nap.

It’s fast Sunday this week. And this is the first in a while where I’ve felt like I’ve gotten a really solid fast. The problem is that I’m still not really getting hungry. But I do get hangry. And it happens pretty quick. Around 3pm I start feeling the irrational anger taking over and at that point I give up. Call me a peacemaker. 

I’m pretty lucky in my job that I’ve never suffered from imposter syndrome. I also feel like no matter what your background is, I probably know something that I can add. I had a cool experience this week with a post-Covid guy. We started and he was hesitant to do our session since he was having trouble breathing and talking and his O2sat was really low. I convinced him to work with me for about 30 seconds and fully commit. And by the end, his O2 jumped up 20%, he could speak at full volume, and he coughed up a heck of a lot of phlegm and could breathe better. 

That was the first time I’d don’t that kind of respiratory therapy and it was nice to see some immediate results. Which I don’t get in wound care or lymphedema management or continence control. I stand by my two core beliefs: Jesus and exercise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment