Sunday, May 29, 2022

Iceland (part 1)

This week I finally started telling people I was leaving because they literally CAN’T see me for PT. And some people get mad about that for whatever reason. Oh well. 

I helped my boss out at work, so she offered me “whatever I want” for lunch. So I chose steak. And ribs. And met Rog at Texas Roadhouse for a nice date. We even took a tour at Sportsman’s and saw Becky and Brandt eating too.

Per request, the older girls in YW met up to have a cooking night. We made tacos and brought some to a less active YW. The girls were the most scared about that part, but afterwards kept saying it was really fun. (The plan is working).

Rog drove me to the airport on Friday morning (early) both to beat traffic and make my flight. I flew out at 10 to Minneapolis on my first airline experience where I could check in early AND they couldn’t give me a boarding pass to my connecting flight (different airline). 

After several sweat hours, a layover, and a Subway sandwich, I made it to Iceland at 6am, aka midnight my time. That’s fine, we just dropped our stuff off at our hotel and ate at Brikk, my new favorite Icelandic bakery. 

We saw the classic church and explored the downtown. We walked the longest 2 miles of my life to the lighthouse, but we did get to take a break when we met a lovely Satanist who invited us in for tea and to her illegal cat museum. Which we did. Obviously. 

We had famous hotdogs for dinner and went on a whale watching tour to see 1 puffin. We did get vouchers to go on another tour free, but we’ll see. We crashed so hard after a nice shower.

The hotel had a 10/10 breakfast and we got our car to do some touristing that’s more my style. We drove to a crater with a lake inside that was cool but our GPS told us to do some off-roading to get there and that was definitely not necessary.

But then we went and explored under some cool waterfalls and did some glacier hiking with my boy Pavic. He taught us all about it including some scary realities about global warming.

We made it to Vik, all the while enjoying this beautiful countryside full of goats. And ate some fried camombert and pizza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment