Sunday, May 15, 2022

Ragnar #SuperFit&FlatChested

 What a week. After hearing Deek and Shannon were sick with possibly covid, I'm wondering if I had the same thing since I got sick like right after spending that second weekend up there. It seemed a lot like allergies and lack of sleep to start out with, but the fact that I'm still coughing to the point of making myself puke, it's a lil sus. Will I get tested? Probably not. I'm good enough and I have to wear masks and gloves everywhere anyways. 

Of course at a UT camp, we have to unload with THESE.

This week I put the hustle in so I could have a short day on Thursday. So my first three days were busy with lots of patients and lots of documentation, but I made it through. Rog and I went to BW's again for the Sun's game and some garlic parm wings. Consensus is still that the bone-in are better. I like the crisp. 

Before. (Minus 1).

 I also went to our combined YW/YM activity this week, where we were practicing the skits for Quest in a few weeks. It did not go well. Or efficiently. And by the end some of the girls were eying me to get them to wrap it up. That's what I'm good at.

The chute out the gate

Thursday, I had 2 patients and was done by 10am. Just in time to wait for Roger to get home. And to pack. And to decide he was ready. And to drive to Page. And to wait for Stu to pack. You get the picture? I'm so glad they were really pushy about me getting off early otherwise we never would've made it to Zion by 6pm. 

On his way to round 2 (the hard one)

We got unpacked and ate spaghetti and took all our vitamins and drank until we were constantly peeing. We checked out the village and scored some free swag and an earlier start time. And we just hung out and tried to sleep and woke up long before 8:45 to see Vanessa start out of the gate. There were 400 teams with 8 runners and start times every 15 minutes from 8:30 until 2pm. 

The end.

I started with the middle loop around 1pm and it was hot hot hot as I ran up a mountain. Then another mountain. Then back down in the sand. It was awful. I was runner #5 and by the time I got back, our 8th runner had actually arrived on site, so that was comforting. We had some fajitas and did some stretching and icing and took some shots of anti-inflammatories between legs. 

The most challenging photo.

My second leg was the easy track around 9:15pm and it was super fun except that there were some steep rocky downhills and my knees were not happy. I iced and got a snack and Rog and I chilled alone in the hot tub for a while before trying to sleep for a few hours. 

Just tryna look cool.

My last track was the hard one at 4am. The first half was the (arguably) harder part, because that's where the steeper inclines are, but I loved it. It was fun and beautiful to watch the sun come up at the top of the mountain. The second half murdered me. It was 90% just a really steady incline with no breaks and I was toasted. 

You know hard it was to get onto this platform?

We ended up coming in as the team with the 89th best time overall, which is pretty good since half of us (me especially) were terribly sick and the other half did no training. It was fun to run that kind of a team race. Would do again. Preferably less sick. 

Marriage Counseling #LetsGo!!!

Rog and I met Stu, Becky, and Brandt in Page for burgers, showers, naps, and IVs. Which were all necessary. Karen, Josh, Carol, and Ryan were all there too and it was fun to hang out for a bit - even if we were all so stiff that we could barely walk. Then we drove back to Flag and slept in our own beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment