Monday, May 9, 2022

Spiritual Gift

After not sleeping for 4 days and dealing with Roger's allergies (meaning that I really don't get to sleep at all), I was stoned out of my mind. I did make it to another useless meeting about Quest (that definitely could've been an email). So there's that. And I made it out for volleyball, so hopefully they'll stop bugging me for a while, especially since I can't do it regularly for a while.

I am increasingly frustrated with other adults that I have to deal with. In the church. Like, if you schedule an activity for the YW, maybe at least tell me? Or if you plan an activity, maybe make sure the facility you want to use isn't already reserved. BUT the good news is that the younger girls got their camp shirts done (and we had a good time), the older girls hopefully practiced their Quest skits (not sure how that went but we're doing it again this week), and everyone who went to Sedona loved it. And the YW all taught for Mother's Day and it went well. 

HMD to this lady who I appreciate more as an adult.

Roger and I went on TWO dates this week. We watched the Sun's game at BW's. And Rog was surprised I didn't immediately order our favorite kind of wings, because what if he wanted to try something new? No. Garlic Parm reigns supreme - and the bone-in wings do too. Wonderfully crunchy. We also watched The Kingmen, which is a funny, albeit ridiculous, spy movie. 

And over the weekend, I did nothing. I didn't go to YW or Oly and Roger didn't go fishing. We slept in. We had French toast. We put in the A/C and cleaned the house a bit. And we said hi to his grandma. And then Sunday, we went to Church and took a nap. 

The fit.

On another note, remember how my spiritual gift is getting free stuff? Well I was at a patient's house this week and the son comes in to chat, stops dead, and asks me what size shoe I wear. Because he got some boots to wear for his rock band, but they accidentally sent him women's. And that's how I got some new shoes and a lemon cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment