Monday, November 28, 2022

Buy a Goat; Be the Goat

I'm officially kicked out of the LV ward. Also everyone who had a major calling (besides the bishop) is gone. But I'm actually really impressed because that man was doing work post-fireside and within 24h he had already called people to fill them. I met with the new (unsustained) YWP on Tuesday to try to dump my brain. She does have 1 of my counselors still working with her, so that'll make the transition easier. AND she loved my journal design and wants me to order more of them so the leaders can have them. (Which is a relief since I already ordered them for the girls and I was going to feel a little bad otherwise.)

Giving Machine options

Monday, I stopped at a light en route to my first patient and my car died. There was no shoulder because it was the off ramp from the highway, so I pulled onto the sidewalk. Then Roger's cop BFF happened to drive by. He did not help, but he did make fun of me for parking there. We got it towed surprisingly fast and by then it was fine - drove it onto the tow truck, drove it into a parking spot, and our mechanic found nothing wrong. We're guessing it's related to the MAF sensor again, but who knows. 

I was there. 

I had a mandatory date night request for Rog since the church's Giving Machines were in town for 2 weeks only. We ate at his favorite pizza place and donated to some local charities. I wanted to walk around for a while since nobody was there on Thanksgiving's Eve and it was surprisingly warm - but Rog almost pooped his pants so we had to hustle out of there pretty quick. He owes me. 

Christmas lights downtown except with a bad camera

Roger's fam was in town all week so we spent a few nights hanging with them and having some good chats. Then we chilled at Grandma's for Thanksgiving. We brought the sweet potato casserole (obv, I am very particular). It was chill, unless you're Roger's siblings trying to eat your own meal peacefully. He is a food thief. But he also knows that food is no game to me and the consequences are life and death. 

Then I got sick. Fever, sore throat/swelling, some body aches. I was handling it pretty well (aka sleeping and drinking water all day) until Roger got sick too and decided to take a shower bath at 4am. When he finally woke up the next morning, we tried to go to urgent care, but they were all closed. So we bummed some Mexican antibiotics off his aunt and binged Wednesday on Netflix all Sunday. We enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment