Sunday, November 13, 2022

The Working Week

I made dinner every day this working week. You're welcome everyone - and by that I mean mostly Roger and also the missionaries one day for soup and grilled cheese. (Rog did the grilled cheese though.) Always a good time with the missionaries. 

My friends Jess and Chris have been wanting to play VB with the YSA kids but something has come up for them or me every week for two months now. I was pretty set, so I decided to go play a few games on Tuesday without them and check out the scene. It wasn't great. There is a huge disparity of skill levels that is frustrating and my knee was still not up to jumping, but it was something. 

As far as projects go, I'm making progress. Grampy's songs are now available (or will be so imminently) on all major streaming platforms. I know they're on Spotify for sure, but that's the only one I use. My business mailbox and actual LLC are approved and now just waiting until Nov 21 to go live so I can set up a business account. My dress has made no progress, but I did take apart the entire machine so I could superglue a piece of plastic holding the bobbin winder in place - so now I can make progress. And I'm still getting good feedback on my YT channel. 

We had a service YW activity making stuffed bears to donate to the hospital newborn unit. The girls actually seemed to really enjoy it (even the 9y o). And I got to hang out with Roger's grandma, who brought her machine to help the girls. I'll count it a success (part 1). 

Becky and I only made it once to the gym so we destroyed our arms. And then I went to boxing class later. My other physical highlight was doing the whole 90min of P90X yoga without even sweating it. Usually I get 20min in and want to die, but I think it was a good mental break for me. Which apparently I needed, because Saturday I did literally nothing. But Roger, who has been terribly ill, went hunting. Go figure. 

The other drama is that our SP is redividing all the wards in our stake. I have thoughts on this and on them. I have also been spreading the rumor that they're creating a new branch that's just my neighborhood and I'm the Bishop. Maybe if they hear about it they'll just decide to tell us what's going on. It's like a bad YA novel plot device - unnecessary lack of communication until they decide it's a good time and then it's too late and there's chaos. 

I was going to mention my best friend, but she hasn't cleaned her room yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment