Sunday, November 20, 2022

Kicked Out

It's been a crazy week for work - and this was a full week! I can't imagine what's going to happen when I have a day off for Thanksgiving (this week) and then TWO days off for a wedding (the next week). Basically nobody could see me-  but all cancelled last minute, so then I'm scrambling trying to fill the schedule with whoever I can all while driving back and forth across the state. What a mess. 

Flagstaff Fall

Finally my new friends Jess & Chris were available for volleyball, so we showed up at the time the YSA has reserved and were surprised by a ward's chili RS meeting. The lady in charge handled things poorly and was a real jerk about it. We left and played at the Institute building instead. 

The YW finished up our sewing project - stuffed bears to donate to the hospital. It was a crazy time where ALL of my counselors made it and most of the girls. Grandma came to donate her machine, and then babysat the kids the whole time. It was a good chance to see everyone and also talk about this journal we've been making for the girls on Amazon. The consensus was: buy the books, spend the budget, and worse case, we'll get them to the girls in their new wards. 

Fluff bears. 

Because our stake got re-divided via a fireside Sunday night. To reiterate - I think this is another thing that was handled poorly. They basically said 'show up to your new ward prepared to do your old calling and good luck to all the bishops'. Which will provide chaos for the next month at least. Cheers to that. 

Becky and I went to a boxing class at my gym. If Rog ends up with a membership, I can also include her in my 'family' pass. We met up with Rog, Brandt, and the kids at BW's for a BOGO deal on boneless wings that only took a few hours to come out - but we had a good chat in the meantime. 

FOUR hours later. 

Friday Rog and I got ice cream and Rog wanted to watch a movie. He couldn't find a good one, so I pulled up one we both said we wanted to watch and he was excited. But not too excited to fall asleep halfway through (like 730pm, guys). I woke him up and he was glad to catch the rest of the movie. This was also the day I got such a bad bloody nose that my car and groceries were covered in it and some girl handed me a tampon to stick up there. 

Most of the crew. 

Rog and his whole family joined us for Zac Brown Band at the baseball stadium in Phoenix. It was really good, although I don't enjoy the solo stuff as much as the songs because all they have are bangers. We got nice shakes and Meixcan prior and made it home by 230am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment