Monday, January 16, 2023

Dress-Ups

The workouts are going strong and I'm feeling less lethargic. I'm a little worried about the Ragnar this year since I really haven't done much running since we did it last May. But I have time to train and Lindsey is going to come help us out, which I'm stoked for. We've also been getting a good group of ladies out for Monday night VB, which has been nice. 

We had YW Sunday and another activity this week. This time, it was painting led by a teacher. I'm gonna be honest, there was not much teaching aside from one skill that I specifically requested. And even then, she just showed us how she did it and didn't really know how to explain it. I still ended up with a decent piece of artwork. And I've now had several kids tell me that I'm their favorite leader. (I mean, I get it. Same.)

Who looks better. 

We had another good boxing class this week and Becky had requested to do our workout after that class. But then forgot she was going to be on a field trip with Paislee's school until late. So I did it by myself and hated it. I like morning workouts, when I still have energy. 

Look behind

Rog and I had a fun date Saturday. He went coyote hunting and I slept in. Then we went to Camp Verde to check out Montezuma Castle. We followed some signs to Camp Verde state park - an old fort with cowboys and indians. And even visited a super cool stone library (with a super sale - 4 books for $1). We spent $1. Then we went to Plaza Bonita, our favorite Cottonwood restaurant, and DQ for some ice cream. 

We got back in time to play some VB with the Palmer family, who was likely in town for Elyce's farewell Sunday. Which was cancelled due to snow. But the VB was pretty fun and everyone was surprisingly decent for not playing volleyball. 


No comments:

Post a Comment