Monday, January 16, 2023

New Years

 I strongly believe that Christmas and NY Sundays should be 1-h church days. But, it turned out ok since Rog has a new doodle pad and we enjoyed our SS class for the first time in a long time. It helps that Mike Palmer is there and that the teacher is Rog's bud Andy Fox. 

New year means new budgeting strategies and new workouts. Becky is officially on with me 2x per week as able for our pullup workouts. I had a dream where I did a bunch of pullups the other day, so I'm manifesting it for 2023. This week was the first time that I played basketball for the first 40 minutes pain-free. So I stayed an extra 20. 

Since Rog changed jobs, I filled out hours worth of paperwork to switch him onto my insurance. I then verified it several times. Apparently, somewhere down the line, he was rejected but I was not notified. So we got a nice bill from his Dr's office post-checkup (which we did since my insurance requires it). I emailed a lady, who told me this had been done in error and she would make sure he was on. Just got his new card today, so hopefully we're good to go (and get reimbursed).

This was my first YW activity - we did some get to know you games. I just sat back and watched. The other leaders were in the building but MIA for most of the event. The final game involved breaking open and donning a frozen t shirt as fast as you could. I suggested running them under hot water to break them up faster. Unfortunately, one girl took hers out prematurely and thought to finish the job by smashing it against the floor. From where it ricocheted up and knocked a seat off a toilet in the girl's bathroom. Yikes. 

Saturday was the first Oly class I've been able to make in a few months and it was good to get back at it. My knee still does not do well squatting. (Or probably jumping, but my R has been taking over on volleyball days). So I was glad the workout was all power cleans and jerks - catching high. It was nice to go to those classes again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment