Sunday, February 19, 2023

Crab Legs and Cajun

Another low energy week, but I still played volleyball and went to boxing and had an interesting gym session. I've got another 2 weeks left of the program I'm on, but I wanted to switch it up to more HIIT involvement, so that was fun. 

I had another appointment with my naturopath and honestly it seemed kind of silly. Basically we looked at my labs that changed a bit, but not enough and I said let's try some prescription grade stuff and she agreed. It took 13 minutes and cost over a hundo. So that's cool. 

Stinkin' Crawfish Boil

We didn't do much for Valentine's because I think it's dumb. But we did hang out on Wednesday when YW was cancelled due to snow and we ate at a new place - Stinkin' Crawfish, a cajun seafood place. We splurged on the crab and gumbo and it was actually pretty good. Rog loves seafood and I love cajun. 

We've also been reading a lot. Roger's been reading because I downloaded Audible on his phone a year ago AND I suckered him into the Ranger's Apprentice series, which he is cruising through. I have been reading since that's all I can do outside of work some days and I have some Christmas books to bust through. 

As the third Sunday, we had our new tradition of Grandma Game Day, which she loves to host. It's a potluck game extravaganza that lasts for hours - but also means we aren't spending every week doing the same thing at Carol's because they don't know when the next one will be. I played Hand and Foot and didn't win - but neither did Roger. And he made some good Sin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment