Monday, June 26, 2023

Dry Needling (but only half)

I hurt my back a little when I was deadlifting this week. Nothing major, I'm just still getting used to my lifting straps and working in pounds. On the bright side, I still lifted 275# for a few rounds of 6. So that's new. 

Monday, I skipped VB to attend a Wound Care open house - pulling out all the free swag I could find, networking, and eating Cafe Rio (and bringing some to Rog). I went and watched him play basketball since I got out earlier than expected. 

This was also the same day that I was supposed to have 6 patients in Williams including a start of care (4 is a lot on a day like this), and then my tire went flat as soon as I arrived at patient #1's house. I spent an hour figuring out how to get my spare tire out, and by then, Rog arrived to help. I was only delayed by an hour because Rog switched cars with me and I ended up having 2 patients cancel. So it worked out. Barely. 

Needling. 

Tuesday and Wednesday were full days, work-wise. But Thursday was a doozy. I think our PTA must have backed out of his agreement to cover some of my people, because somehow I ended up with 6 patients including a start of care (only to be seen after 2:30), plus a presentation. It was a busy day with no breaks from 8:30 onward. I showed up at 2 for this presentation that nobody would give me details on - even when I arrived early and asked specifically what my role was and what I should be prepared for. Nada. Until they started the meeting and announced that I was leading the whole thing. 

Needless to say, I was annoyed. (Even more than when I saw my schedule the previous day). In that attitude, I headed out to my start (when normally I'd be on my way home) and found out she's a near-deaf Lebanese woman who refuses to wear her hearing aides and has many complications including 3 wounds and dementia. It was a long one. And because of construction on the highways, it was going to take me an hour to get home. 

Instead, Rog and I went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. (And I skipped my documentation because I already worked overtime and was mad and sweaty and hangry.) Good food, good company. And enough time for me to pack for the morning.

Dranks and Drunks.
JK, they're virgin. (The drinks, I mean).

Friday, I headed down to PHX for my upper body dry needling course. The course was good and these things always motivate me to learn more and be better and read research. Which I love. I stabbed and was stabbed and found all the sensitive areas on my upper body. Three days of fun that I'm still working to digest. And a group of ladies that was equally bent on getting things done, which is always nice. 

At night, Cenita and I hung out (and sometimes Colton). We went swimming and chatted and ate delicious food. Cen made us chicken + fettucini and focaccia bread and then introduced me to her fave Mexican place where I got a delicious burro and chocolate milkshake. The drinks are to die for. 10/10. Also love hanging with this chick who just has a good head on her shoulders and is still dang fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment