Sunday, June 4, 2023

Post-Supai

 We got back from Supai on Monday and the rest of the day consisted of just eating and sleeping. I was pretty much fine by Tuesday, despite a lot of heavy hiking. I was, however, not ready to commit to my new gym yet, so I took a week off to catch up on sleep and mentally prepare. 

(Turns out this was a good idea. Every interaction I've had with this gym has made me angry, but I need them, at least in the short term, to do what I want. The bonus is that they have a pool, so I can add swimming back into the routine.)

I had some talks with my guy Jason about working the rodeo next week as well as tentative plans for future employment, when the time is right. I don't foresee me leaving immediately, but within 1-2 years is a possibility.

Otherwise, I did some work on side gigs, like my PT notes. I'm kind of annoyed that there are starting to be other PT note sellers pop up, but whatever. None of them are doing what I'm doing. And I'm constantly adding more options, so I feel good about that. 

Rog and I went shopping for some work boots. This will be his first pair of cowboy boots and we opted for steel-toe for the durability factor. Let's hope they last longer than the last ones. 

In other news, we're back on the reading/listening grind. Rog is waiting for Kelly to randomly purchase a hundred more credits so he can get onto his TBR list. He loves the physical part of his job and knows enough that he's usually by himself for most of the day and will crank out books really fast. We're working on a library card so he can get more books this way. 

Saturday, Rog told me he was going to do some chores (so I couldn't give him any) and that he wouldn't tell me what they were (so I couldn't get mad if he didn't do them). Hilarious. If taking a nap was the one chore he planned, he definitely did that. Then he went fishing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment