Sunday, June 18, 2023

Yahhd Salin'

I feel like we go on a fairly major adventure every other weekend. This was an in between week. Workout week 2/4 before I get a week for fun workouts only. I added in a boxing workout, since basketball was cancelled. And we had 12 for volleyball - which was a first in a while. 

We had a YW activity making soap and bracelets. I was in charge of the soap station (which was good, because we had to cruise through there). Also good because some of them picked really nasty combos and I tried to hedge that as much as possible. Still, if you get Ylang Ylang soap, throw it out. I did get to make my own triple layer lemon honey soap, which will hopefully be good. 

He loved this a lot. 

Friday, I was on crackhead energy and looking for a fight, so I started telling Rog that he had to do whatever I wanted and he immediately caved. So we went to a batting cage (and I was NOT good), I showed Rog REI, and then we got some ice cream and corn dogs. Probably best ice cream I've had in a while. 

My favorite part of hitting softballs was the following:

  • Rog, having a great time
  • Me: sorry your dad never let you play baseball
  • Rog: yes he did
  • Me: oh, sorry you weren't good
  • Rog: I WAS good *immediately misses*

I like this occasionally. 

Rog was excited to yard sale with me on Saturday and we ended up finding a truck tool box, books, and bullets for $82. All things we would've bought eventually anyways for a SIGNIFICANT discount. My favorite. And we ended with brunch at The Place, grocery shopping, and some repair work at Valvoline. 

THEN, Rog's family wanted to do their monthly game day on Saturday. So I showed up, ate food, chatted for a while, then left. Apparently, Grandma said she hoped eventually I'd feel comfortable hanging out with their family. (If you're wondering, that's not the problem.)

I went home and painted and went to bed. And we had a lazy day on Sunday with naps and food and little chores and figuring stuff out for the week. It was needed. Rog was cranky because the weather wasn't good enough to go fishing and he missed out on hiking to put a new salt out because he spent eight hours playing games with his family. Ah well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment