Sunday, November 26, 2023

Tday

 The week was a little stressful, since I figured out a way to fit 3 days of work into 2 days so I could drive  up to Page early. It worked out, but also it's a good thing that I had recently been feeling more myself lately - with energy lasting throughout the day, instead of crashing by 11. It's been such a difference. 

I chatted with Rog's parents for a minute before going to bed. My sleeping has not been great. After crashing hard for a few hours, I wake up around 2 or 3 - wide awake - and then decide I have to keep "resting" until it's time to get up. But it helped me leave a bit earlier, so I could get to Provo by 11:15 - just in time for nobody to be there. 

This kid asking "where's Roger" every 5 minutes for 2 days

The crew was visiting Tasty Bev up north. I did my work stuff for a bit and kicked Lavinia out of the room with the King bed. Greg was able to pick Becky and kids up from the airport so they could come hang for a bit before their family got off work and could get them. We ate wings, played in the pool, made cheesecake, and lost (and found) $500 in the space of a few hours. Classic Becky. 

The rest of the chins arrived in force by evening, having pancakes for dinner. Games were probably played ( and avoided) although I did play 2 games with Violet despite my best efforts to stay on her "dislike" list the rest of the time. 

BFFs.

Thanksgiving was an event. We had everything you could imagine - 2 turkeys, deer steak, baked beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, raspberry pretzel jello, green bean casserole, cheater meatballs, street corn, salad, fruit salad, mac and cheese, rolls, broccoli salad, and a bunch more things I'm forgetting. And that's just dinner. Several hours later, we broke out dessert - chocolate cream pie, blueberry, razzleberry, banana cream, coconut, pumpkin, cheesecake, and choco chip cookies (and probably more I'm forgetting). For future reference, we do need to cool in on the desserts as we are NOT sweets people. Less sugar, more meat. 

None of this is genetic (except 1), so admire the work that's gone on here. 

I think I watched at least 6 hours of Scooby Doo with Aurora over the weekend. Kev, Court, and I went to the gym for a full body workout, I hit up the hot tub on the daily, and we succeeded in a family VB game vs Hannah's friends. And in taking new fam pics with our Chingear 2023 (which were thankfully finished by Wednesday). 

The paintings. 

We also had a bach party for Maddy on Saturday morning - and I think by the end of that, we were all ready to have a break from festivities. It was super fun painting old photos of Xander and sharing some gifts with Maddy. We had a good time - and then everyone who remained napped for the rest of the day, cleaned up, and went home. And honestly, I'm ready for another nap.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment