Sunday, December 10, 2023

More Sauce

Dang rough week with low energy again. We got a pile of packages one day and Rog was excited because it's Christmas season - but alas, it was mostly my drugs. Rog was a victim of my 3am wakeups, luckily on Friday night (and now he understands just how wide awake I am for a few hours before I can get back to sleep). He is not happy. 

Played VB and forced myself through some workouts this week. Rog got a last minute invite to join someone's city league team and so is gonna be out of commission for the next few T/Th nights doing that. 

But before he agreed to that, he was working every night on butchering an elk. So I thought I would be nice and make this cajun chicken alfredo recipe he sent me so that he could eat and get straight to it. Unfortunately, it had the opposite effect. He was so happy to come home to food that he did nothing the rest of the night. 

Our younger YW decided they wanted to decorate cookies and watch Elf, so I agreed to make frosting and get the movie and we had a couple girls who ended up baking 4 dozen cookies, but one had to drop them and head to VB practice. So it was 2 leaders and 2 girls and we had a great time. 

Someone gifted me a box of apples, so I made some more sauce this week. And it was better than round 1 in the saucer. The missionaries came over right as I was finishing and Rog was wrapping up elk steaks and potatoes. Yum. Then they taught him how to access their records, which will be useful. 

Our lovely friends Lindsey and TJ spent their anniversary here in Flag and gifted us with an evening of their company. We chatted for a while and then went for tacos at El Tapatío, which was delicious (in the moment and in the leftovers). And it's always fun to see and hang out with them. Next time, in CO.

Classic Chicken Fried Steak. 

Saturday I woke up late (after spending half the night wide awake) and Rog woke up cranky. We went out for breakfast and ran some errands and butchered the rest of the elk before delivering the packages to friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment