Sunday, January 11, 2015

Elle Me Dit: Danse! #RM

Missed the
 Mountains
I live in Utah now. Five minutes west of the gyms on campus. With three other RMs of Washington, Arizona, and Ukraine. It's nice because I relate to them: we all have this inner anxiety about the future, are scared of men (all to varying degrees), love reading our scriptures, and aren't motivated to socialize. At church last week, I met my bishop and told him I need a calling. (And not one of the silly ones). So I got to schedule my new member interview first. During which he made me promise to go to ward prayer, despite the fact that I think it is silly. But first, I helped my roommate Sage (the Ukranian RM) move in and we went to her friends' house to eat curry. Then we went to ward prayer together and even hot chocolate night. We have five friends now. One is half black half Philippine.
Monday I finally got to scope out some of my classes. This week has been a bit abnormal because I was one a few waiting lists so I went to double Microbiology. I also have an AT class, an AT lab (at 7am where I get to tape BenJammin's ankle for two hours--it's awesome), French (with a bunch of Lyonnaise who bring me free chocolate milk), Finance (with my entertaining millionaire professor), Physics (which I took in HS), and Intro to Health Professions (where different doctors visit and explain about their jobs). Kind of a workload, but I think I can handle it. I've already had 2 tests.
Browkies, in all their glory.
My FHE went to go see Meet the Mormons, but it was sold out. We ended up getting our vehicle of transport hit by the car of a newlywed Canadian woman instead. I was also trying to get into a basketball class, so I went to ask the teacher for a code and found out that: 1. Amanda, who punched me in the face in my last basketball class, also just got back from her mission and is in that class. 2. The teacher is an injured BYU mens basketball player and wants our classes to be like his practices. Yikes. Myles, one of our friends from the ward brought us browkies. Like half brownie, half cookie. Intramurals opened and I have my inner tube water polo team mapped out, including cousins Tanner and Hunter. I went to the temple with Sage and her old mission friend. I had an interview to be a French indexer. I listened to Elle Me Dit by MIKA and imagined myself in the music video. Jordan came over and told me about his married life. Cam and I had lunch and he told me about his unmarried life. Hannibal and I had Cafe Rio and she told me about her African life.
Elder Joblot-Birmingham, Angloterre
Basically no matter where I go, I run into hoards of people I know. It makes me look really popular, like I have a lot of friends, old and new. One time I was so shocked to see someone, I left my wallet at the RB. But don't worry, it's BYU, I got it back. One day I saw Sanchez and he told me he had just seen Wheeler Heck, so I sprinted across campus to say hi. I saw Lauren Richardson and her boyfriend, who both hugged me. My French class is a reunion by itself. Emarie Swenson, my brother, and I went to see the edited Amelie, which I LOVED. It was so funny. Carolyn Carter and I went to Yoga. Hailey Howden and Jordan Jones skyped Laurent Joblot in Chalon-sur-Soane to see him open his mission call to Birmingham, England. While I was at Cafe Rio, I saw Josh Kunzler and Abby Luthi and we found out that Dirk Sven Peterson would be in town, so we planned dinner with the mission. We ate at JCWs with them, Dirk's friend Todd, Emarie, Jordan, blonde Johnson, Sr Gardner, and Carolyn. Then Jordan Jones' car wouldn't unlock, so I had to use my AAA Gold Membership to get a guy to unlock it. Afterwards, we went to Alexis Caldwell's house and Wheeler Heck, E Pieteck, and Ryan Sagers showed up. We tried to play Mafia, but chaos ensued. (This isn't the half of it:)

1 comment:

  1. Tanner felt the same way when he began this year, like he knew everybody there. How fun that you're going to play polo with them. Must insist on pics ;-) And their roommate, swam for years. Get Eldon on the team. Insist!

    ReplyDelete