Sunday, January 4, 2015

HOCKEY TIME

I GOT THE BRUINS TICKETS! -my father, shaking me awake and also laying on top of me Monday morning. My reaction may or may not have been significantly dulled due to grogginess and the fact that I couldn't breathe, but I was excited. I played some basketball with the missionaries and fam-which was fun except that I still felt like I couldn't touch them too much. So I was holding back a good deal. I think the feeling was mutual. And THEN, I showered and went to Lunenburg, MA to pick up my cousin Adam. Perfect person to bring to a hockey game, if only for his beard. We drove into the depths of Boston, which is an adventure in and of itself. But we made it. And we had sweet seats- second row, right in the corner. No complaints. It was a good game. My favorite plays were when some guy's helmet came flying off in the middle of a tussle and we still scored and also a really nice play that almost scored for us, but the puck bounced off the pole. Bruins won 5-2 and the only loss of the night were my Muddy Buddies that didn't make it past security.

Hockey Time!
 Since I slept over at Adam's that night, I had two rare opportunities. First, to use the guest bed, which I now agree is the best bed in the house. And secondly, to see Sarah after she got her wisdom teeth out. We can only hope there will be videos to follow.
But look what happened
 to the cook!
Titanic: if you shower, you're sunk.
Literally.
Okay, let's talk about Moriah. She's my 14 year old down syndrome sister. She does a great Gollum impression and all she thinks about is food. She likes eating, Uno, and play dough in that order. Other than that, she just kind of sits there all day talking to herself. Naturally, we try to help her exercise. This week, mom told her to run 20 laps around the house. After watching a pitiable three laps, I ran outside to motivate. And by that I mean drag, push, and yell. My favorite excuse was, I think my leg is broken. Drama Queen. New Years Eve revelries included Clue the movie, Titanic the game, Sparkling Apple Cider the beverage, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Classic.
My flight alterations gave me some extra time in CT. So I went out to breakfast with Derek and Trevor at AJ's, the favorite high school hangout. I picked up some more glowsticks. I dropped off a Livro de Mormon for my pal, Maurice at Groton Townhouse. I took my sisters out to see Big Hero 6 (which was pretty darn good). And I had frisbee night, this time with all of Trevor's friends. Basically, I'm ensuring that all good traditions continue.

Friday, I flew out to UT and was graciously picked up by Uncle Ben and got to hear all about his new books. I already want to read them and they're not even written yet. I like books. Saturday morning, Lauren came over to help get my stuff down from Ben's storage. I did not think that one through. For some reason,  I was convinced that the shelves would be lowerable. Guess not. It was almost a dangerous situation. At my new apartment, I realized that I didn't even want half the stuff in those boxes. I like to keep things missionary simple. I went to BYU campus for the first time in years and it was super weird. I got an ID card and some books. The Jones family took me out to dinner which was a whole bunch of laughs and balloon art. Lauren took me out to Maceys where I ran into Soeur Berge (from the MTC), Cam (a good friend), a guy who hates the Bruins (and refused to bag my groceries), and another guy who thinks it's hot that I like hockey (necessitating a hasty retreat). And then I skyped Hannah and slept in my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment