Tuesday, January 20, 2015

MLK Day

What a splendid holiday. Shoutout to my black friend, Kirby. He has so many MLK and black rights posters in his apartment, I can't even count them. We even let him cheat at kickball because it was his special day. And in honor of such a prestigious holiday, we played a little game called MLK or Black Rapper? (credit to Noah and Hannah). So, here it is. Who said it? MLK or a black rapper? (Double points if you can guess the black rapper.)
1. Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
2. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
3. It was a weird mix of emotion. One day, your best friend could be killed. The day before, you could be celebrating him getting a brand new bike."
4. Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
5. I look at things as everything is meant to be.
6. Let the Lord judge the criminals.
7. You only live once, that the motto, yolo.
8. Don't go through life...grow through life.
9. I've been criticized for the things I chose and the things I've chosen to do.
10. A man who wouldn't die for something is not fit to live.
11. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
12. Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.
13. A man can't ride your back unless it's bent.
14. I'm a reflection of the community.
15. A lie cannot live.
16. I like being misunderstood.
17. I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.


Answers:
MLK, MLK, Jay-Z, MLK, Lil Wayne, Tupac, Drake, Drake, Lil Wayne, MLK, MLK, Tupac, MLK, Tupac, MLK, Lil Wayne, MLK

"It's hard because I feel like the black rappers quote MLK half the time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment