Sunday, January 25, 2015

I've Got the Fever: The Curse is Reversed

Bex & Hutch

Well after an exciting start to last MLK day with free French toast and MLK vs. Black Rapper, I spent the rest of the day doing HW. I do that a lot now. But I will always stop for a game of kickball (which my team won) and when I find out one of my ward friends is the cousin of my mission friend and they're hanging out for his birthday, with free ice cream and cake. Thank you, Noah and Kjersti. I like them. They're funny.
I got a job! It's only a temporary fix, but I work at Scoreboard Grill. It stresses me out because it's not as relaxed or fun as the Malt Shoppe. The search continues. Although I do enjoy seeing Sage, my roommate occasionally there. I already covered someone's shift and earned an awesome card this week. That's right. A card. For being awesome.
My basketball team, consisting of myself, my trainer, my friend Ho'o, and Ho'o's mission friends (including my old ward mate and my BFF from kindergarten), played our first game this week. Despite being wildly out of shape and out of practice, we didn't do too badly. In fact, we won. Our water polo team found a permanent goalie and John Fife actually shaved his face. And we won by a landslide.
Just how I remember:
Yummy.

My best friend Lauren turned 23 this week. I love her a lot. Hence, my spending multiple hours making Yummy Bars, her favorite Canadien dessert. We made a Pringle wheel. We "danced" and "felt the heat" (good thing they have a ton of space heaters).
The Pringle Wheel at its finest.
Emarie Swenson and I had a delightful pancake lunch. Mallory Layton and I had a wonderful cereal dinner. Derek came to my water polo game and agreed to play at least once, if only for the experience. Taua, Victoria Beeny, Hailey Howden, Wheeler Heck, and Devon Gardner all found me on campus at the same time. Cam's band had a concert where I saw my now bearded friend Jake. I'm a fan of the beard.  Andrea Mann had a fancy grape juice/cheese tasting party for her birthday. It was white tie attire, which I translated that to mean sweatpants. I kept wishing there was waiters to replace my empty glasses and carry cheese platters around, but whatevs. I went to the temple and saw everybody that I know-John Fife, Megan Bird, Jessica Harris, Victoria Beeny, Kjersti Roberts. John Fife even tried to help me find my future husband. Too bad all his ideas are awful. And now Bex Huckstep is visiting from Utah State!
RKDA
I love my French class. I feel at home because most of my mission is in that class. Plus, it's French, which I love. I don't get in trouble for repeating everything Dr. Lee says with my grossly exaggerated accent. And I'm like the only one he really corrects because he knows I can handle it. Also, I planned on going to the writing lab to work on my paper for his class, which I found out later was illegal, but he said I could go anyways. But it was also good for me because I realized I'm actually not that good at French. Apparently, I'm a good writer, but my French basics need some serious work. Yikes. The lady recommended I read some real French literature and not just the Livre de Mormon.
And I watched Fever Pitch this week, which is the best movie I've seen in a long time. I'm wearing my Red Sox shirt and never taking it off. I also want to get a whole bunch more Red Sox paraphernalia. And I keep wondering why nobody else is obsessed as I am. The Curse is Reversed. I love the Green Monstah. I love Sweet Caroline in the 7th inning stretch. I love the exhorbitantly overpriced hot dogs. I love Boston. And I love love love this movie:

No comments:

Post a Comment