Sunday, May 17, 2015

May the Fourth be with you

A Summary of Events from last Sunday (since our wifi is buns). 
-I went to the Singles Ward and got called to be a ward missionary, along with another recently returned RM. No surprises there, really.
-The fam accompanied me in watching the newer Star Wars trilogy in honor of Star Wars day (May 4). I bought mini glow stick light sabers at the dollar store to make it really unforgettable. 
-I had to buy myself conditioner because apparently nobody else in this house cares about their hair. 
-I found fitting roller blades and my accordion and worked on my skills every day. 
-I visited the old stomping grounds with Hannah and Kevin- the high school, Chris Albanese's office, the mall for some khakis that I'm required to wear in the fall. 
-I babysat for the Kitleys. There was a fair amount of running, chasing, and throwing kids onto couches. As per usual.
-We got a bunch of kids to play some ball down at the church and several people asked why I didn't play basketball for BYU. Well. 
-Hannah and I drove to Kevin's basketball practice and went to the beach in between games. I'll be danged, but the sun had the audacity to burn us through the clouds. Hannah's feet and the back of my knees were so red and swollen. I have the mobility of C3PO, if that. We did get to visit the Smith's on the way back and Kevin decided it was funny to slap my sunburn. It wasn't. 
-Sunday again I went to our home ward to listen to Trevor's talk in church. After him, the speaker invited his little daughter up to ask her questions about her mom: How do you know Mom loves you? What do you love about Mom? Stuff like that. And then real crap came up: What does Mom love? POOP! Boost.
-Speaking of which, Kevin carved the word poop into the stain in our tub. Good times at home.
And here's a picture of the beach that had the audacity to burn us:


1 comment:

  1. Good times in Gales Ferry. That's what you should title your next blog as.

    ReplyDelete