Sunday, May 24, 2015

Youthful Exuberance

It's a gift I possess. One that my coworkers are slowly realizing. I've been held back by my burn victim statusMornin to me everyday. Boring. Even this one kid who graduated a year ago is already turned into a zombie. So in addition to curing cancer and rare diseases alike, I've also made a goal to spice it up at work. Even if it means dressing up in a camel costume on Wednesday and wishing all the cubicles a happy hump day.

Speaking of work, here's my favorite moments of the week. (Apart from the fact that I feel like a mad scientist the whole time). First, this guy Andy starts showing me this experiment he wants me to run. It has to occur in a closed environment, so they have a glass box with gloves attached so you can stick your hands in and do stuff without messing up the conditions. He was just showing me some preliminary stuff and then he goes to take his hands out of the gloves and the fingers rip right off! Then we both kind of start freaking out and it was hilarious. He's like Aah! Ok, well it's not that big of a deal. Yes, actually, it is, Andy. Secondly, my boss, Bruce is hilarious and a genius and listens to bird calls in his spare time. He's also really awkward when he tries to leave after checking in on me because he doesn't know how. We both just kind of stand there nodding for a few seconds before I take over. So I taught him break. I explained sports teams will have a huddle and at the end, they all stick their fists in and yell break and lift their hands up. So now that's how we part ways. After hearing my explanation, Bruce says, Turns out this is actually mutual training. We're training each other. Exactly, Bruce. He leaves and peeks his head back in a few seconds later and says, Ok, but I'm not shaving the side of my head! Funny, guy.
You know what else is funny? This painting. Trevor showed me a picture of it. It's literally men riding their beards. Then there's the creepster in the window kidnapping that lady with his beard. (Derek's self-proclaimed goal in life). I bought it.
Also, Moriah's sass. I'm so proud.

Me-What time is it? Moriah-Time for you to get a watch.

Mom-What are you doing? Moriah- Watching Naomi read.
Mom- That's creepy. Moriah- No it's not, Mom. You don't even know. It's not creepy.

Xander's mad because I've read all the books in our collection. All the good ones anyways. I'm the fastest reader because I really just skim enough to get the story. I don't care much about details. Especially kissing details... I like when our family just has unofficial reading parties. Randomly four or five kids end up chilling in the library with books. Solid. Currently, I'm on the Lunar Chronicles. Give me a couple hours and I'll be done.
Family work day happened this week. My least favorite. I spent most of it scrubbing stains out of the shower and weeding my own strawberries. No real complaints. I play the piano a lot. I bought a Les Mis book, but I'm going to need a new book soon. I skipped Derek. No, he's not married. No, he's not sad. He's got his plans A and B to keep him company. And we planned our trip to Europe since Mom and Dad are going to France and didn't even invite me.
Highlight: Dad, Hannah, Kevin, and I went to a Red Sox game. Hot dogs, peanuts, cracker jacks, Taco Bell, the atmosphere, the Green Monster, that Boston skyline, the company, taking over driving responsibilities from my blind father, $20 I found, Sweet Caroline, Nip Nip Cheerio, Pujols, and that Cuban music all but made up for a terrible loss.
And this happened today. Terrifying.

3 comments:

  1. Come on, I was looking for the camel costume! More selfies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good time. I think I'm laughing most at your awkward coworkers.

    ReplyDelete