Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mistakes. Mistakes have been made.

Mistake #1: Despite the pain in my sunburn, I decided it was still a good idea to participate in our 6am exercise class. Monday's class-cycling. Needless to say, it was not a good idea. Blisters everywhere. I got home from my Pfizer internship around five and laid on the couch with ice packs for the rest of the night. It turned purple and oozed every time I walked down the stairs. Or just walked in general. Then the skin peeled off. And now it's scabbed over. And the scabs break every time I change activities. Here's an updated view:
But the internship at Pfizer is going swimmingly, all mistakes aside. I get to work in a lab and run tests and experiments, kind of like my AP Chemistry class. In fact, I'm now wishing I had paid a little more attention to that. Too late. I made a friend, Maddie Loe, who always gets lost. But she's fun and loves this stuff. I rarely get to see her though, since interns are actually very individual. Here's a problem. Here's some tests we wanted to run. Allez-y quoi.



Mistake #2: So Hannah and I always wanted to shave the sides of our heads and figured this summer would be a good time for that. We wanted to shave the lower part, so we could cover it up if necessary and we wanted steps. Hannah had her appointment while I was at work and it turned out well. I had mine a few days later and, well, see title. It wasn't that bad, just not what I had ordered. The lady was really jittery so we left and Hannah fixed it and bought me ice cream and it's fine.



















Mistake #3: Thinking Seussical Musical would be entertaining. Xander got roped into this play and so I took the girls out to see him perform. I mean, I'm sure it would have been better with working equipment and quite a few singing lessons. Xander was a little shy for a fly "Wickersham brother", but it's all good. Here he is, in the back on the left:

Mistake #4: Not supervising Trevor at the mall. I promised I would take him to buy a bucket hat, so I let him go and I went in search of more khakis (do you know how hard it is to find extra extra long sizes?). He came back with a horror only a true American would be proud of. And sunglasses to match.
Mistake #5: Taking Moriah with us to Lavinia's tournament. I mean. If she asks me for a snack one more time, I might wring her little neck. Although I did get her to shout and cheer with me during the games. All the parents were freaking out about dumb things, so I tried to ease the tension with my cheering: Yeah, physical activity! We love basketball! HD Booty in the house! Full speed ahead and ram 'em! Rip her arms off! I'm just yelling things! Hockey time! Yeah scorekeepers: you're an integal part of this game and you're doing great! Etc. They won their first game of the season and lil HD Booty scored 14 points. And Moriah did some good poses. Cheers.


















Mistake #6: Going to the Singles Ward. Always a mistake. Good news is that a group of ten normal boys moved here from Utah to do summer sales and we are planning on taking them to the paint if they ever stop working. We also befriended some...other people. And had food at a linger longer.
Mistake #7: Ever coming home from a mission. Seriously best time of my life. It just wasn't long enough. I keep having dreams the President Roney lets me go back to Cannes for one more transfer. I'm secretly hoping it'll come true. Two years from Friday I went to the MTC. And now my Elders are home, and it just goes too fast. That mission is the celestial kingdom.

2 comments:

  1. The hair. I just don't understand the hair. Other than that - amusant, tout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. at some point in life, everyone should own a yellow rain jacket.

    ReplyDelete