Sunday, September 24, 2017

Hurricanes to Counteract the Firestorms

Shoutout to all my guys in Puerto Rico. If you hadn't heard, THE ENTIRE COUNTRY has ZERO POWER. 

We're talking Middle Ages, people dump water on you to bathe and pour their poop out the window.

We're talking Oregon Trail hunting and scavenging for food with no knowledge of how to preserve it IF you catch something, because you're looking in fields that have been over-hunted by everyone else tryna survive. 

If you do nothing else to aid, pray for them.

Now I'mma vent for about two minutes here about my insignificant problems.

  • There were so many cancellations at work, I had so much free time where I could do nothing but stew in my anxiety-ridden brain.
  • During which time, the hydroc overflowed, dumping about 15 gallons of water onto the floor.
This is after we cleaned up half of it.
  • I started a new job with a group that had very little prep or supplies - so I had to scramble hard to get those finished up.
  • During which time, I fell and skinned up my un-injured knee pretty good and ripped a nice pair of pants.
  • And was mostly unprepared when a kid got a silver fork deformity, but we did the best we could and it really did work out okay
This is what his arm looked like. Pretty cool, huh?
  • I finished most of my essays for my grad school apps - just in time for Scott to tell me why all of my choices for colleges suck. He did say he'll help me with the interviews, though.
  • Heidi noticed my tires were balding and told me they were prone to spontaneous combustion on these Arizona roads. Took me a few hours and lots of money to get that fixed.
  • I also went to Institute and actually stayed to play Psych with people - a fun game, similar to our family's "Dictionary Game".
Download this rn.

  • Tom voiced his distaste for the hypocrisy regarding Mormons and caffeine (in light of a caffeinated campus over at BYU). I could say little to defend Mormon culture, despite my full-hearted belief in the doctrines and organization of our church. 
  • I went to the temple. Which was sweet relief. But I also told Olivia not to mention it, because I like telling Autumn after the fact (I think it's funny). And first thing she says when I get home, "So Olivia told me you went to the temple!" Thanks, kid.
The church is true, kiddos. Even if we're bad at living it.
  • Cenita, being the great friend that she is, went to Jesterz (mediocre quality) and Chile's (great non-alcoholic concoctions) with me and then we hit up a party. Where Kaleb had told everyone an embarrassing story about me. Thanks, guy.
  • Cenita also bought me a t shirt. I don't deserve her, but I appreciate it so much. 
Pure class right here. Consider me wooed.

No comments:

Post a Comment