Sunday, October 1, 2017

Life of Bread

Updates: my car is drivable (legally and actually), finished my college apps, and went on a few long runs to ease my anger and anxiety. I am now in a good mood. You're welcome, world.

A Rod's Curse: I promised Rod that if I got out of work early enough, I'd go to institute. Now my Tuesdays are unusually empty. This week I got out TWO HOURS early.

Little Dinner petting the creepy baby. 
I organized my temple names and was forced to admit that I've been putting off sealings for way too long. So I went, kneeled on my post-surgical leg (which was painful) and my scabbed up leg (which was painful and bled through my dress). We all had a good laugh and a trip to the laundry room.

Addison is one of my new visiting teachees, so I hung out with her for a bit. Apparently she thought she was gonna hate me. She doesn't. We're getting drinks sometime.

RIP Elder Hales. We love you.
But is it too soon?
When I got home, two African (like from the Motherland) men were changing a tire right across from my house. Obviously we became best friends and call each other all the time now.

One of THOSE weekends. 
Friday night football was manageable, I missed Ben's AND Braeden's birthdays, and hung out with Cyrus late at night. Also I had a sweet nosebleed at one point.

General Conference weekend. Aka infinite pajama church. I made bread. French bread.

Kevin's recipe.
During PH session, I met up with Cenita, Autumn, and Marné for drinks and desserts and had the BEST margarita to date. Blackberry Frozen Margarita (virgin). Yum. Cen and I walked around for a bit and met up with Grace, who is recovering well from her horse accident and has a sweet scar. Then we got Kaleb and drove to Logan's to feed his horses and chill at his house.

And let me soap box for a second: In light of an invite to an alternate church, I've been thinking about all the things I would miss so dearly if I ever decided to switch religions: modern prophets, temples, the Book of Mormon, the priesthood, personal revelation, to name a few. The church is true even if the people aren't perfect. And thus, I have a lot of goals to work on that were made apparent as a result of this glorious weekend.

Maybe I'd try a hint of lime next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment