Sunday, December 16, 2018

Only Two Years Left

I've never studied this much in my entire life. I feel like it was worth it, because I'm pretty sure I did well on my exams, but I was literally going crazy. Like you eventually get to a point where the mantra ihatethisihatethisihatethis is just running through your head over and over as you try to cram more and more into your head with some semblance of sanity.

I'm ready for break, is what I'm trying to say.

The kids.
And I really didn't want to stick around long during our after party. Just long enough for some free food. Then I headed out to the Brewton's, a lovely couple who's dog I'm watching for two weeks. Their house is beautiful and their dog is nice. Ok, ok, I'm ready to move in whenever they are.

Sister Whetton, our Institute lady, is moving and needed some help around the house. Lizzy and I geared up to power wash the house and the barn. We fixed some loose nails around the sides. And between jobs, we found some nice throwing hatchets that we put to good use. (And also permanently damaged due to our immense strength and terrible aim.)

She's got a lot of work to do, but she's doing it.
I worked a shift at ye olde campus bookstore. It was cake. I forgot how easy those kinds of jobs are. But they also pay less and aren't as fun. Get me some LAT gigs.

I somehow convinced Roger into feeding me with the missionaries, so I got some nice deer (probably) steak. At some point on the way over, the GPS just cuts out, so you've got to follow the antlers to find his place, but it's not too hard. We had the crew over for a bonfire and someone let me be deejay - specifically requesting the Ice Cube song I quoted in my talk last Sunday. (Which was a riotous success.)
Right on target with a broken shaft. 
Saturday was a much needed recovery. I was so productive. I went running. I finished traffic school. I read a book. I did yoga. I practice some new piano pieces. I wrote a book. I read parts of another book. I was going to work on my trebuchet but somebody (aka Jacob Bartholemew Fisher) left his drill at work. And we had a movie night and watched Hitch. Classic.

It's hard to see, but I picked out my Christmas tree (right hand).
It's a tumbleweed called Larry and it's the best AZ can offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment