Sunday, December 23, 2018

'Tis A Goodly Number of Trebuchets, m'Lord

Well it has been a glorious week. I've been crashing at the Brewton's house - which has been lovely and warm and filled with comfortable beds I can sleep on. I love it.

There are no people there - only one nice dog - so I've been able to work on so many projects. I've been writing and reading and working on my mini trebuchet. It's almost done. Don't look too close, and you might be impressed.

New album in the works, lol.
I played basketball and went running on a nice loop and took the dog for walks and hit the gym hard. I made cookies and enchiladas and bread. We watched movies and played games and I kicked people out whenever I wanted.

Greg was driving through to visit David Monson, my bitter enemy and his best friend, in Phoenix, so I convinced him to stop by. We played four hours of Totally Insane and I didn't hate it too bad.

Friday, I drove down to Phoenix myself and reconnected with the Miller family. One sealing, one in the works, two endowments, and a mission call to come. Exciting times. I also met up with my old work buddies. I love them and it was fun to eat their food and tell them how much I loved school in words, angry faces, and rap.

This is the catapult. 
Then I hit up Jacob's wedding reception and caught up with some old friends there, including Braeden, who is now the proud owner of a custom Mustang Bullitt. I'm in love. Becca and I hit up a movie night and saw a few more of the kids.

Saturday involved an early morning trip to the temple before a jaunt out to Tempe. There my friend Peter, whose age I have been sworn never to divulge, has been gutting his new house and it's coming along nicely. What a guy.

Yum. 
Hannah graciously housed me in exchange for playing ping pong with Jacob (and getting smushed - but only 50% of the time). We made treats and watched Last Crusade. I crashed and then went to church with them before the long drive out to California, ending the week at my "favorite place". Derek and Shannon's new apartment with a bedroom, elevator, and only one sketchy alley where I was terrified to drive my car. We watched a little Angie Tribeca and had some delicious food and good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment